How to request a repeat prescription
You can request repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
To order repeat prescriptions online you will need to register for the 'Patient Access' online service. This is the most efficient and preferred method.
As a one off you can email your request to email@example.com.
Please provide your personal details (i.e. name and/or reference number) and your prescription items from your printed request slip. We will ask you to join 'Patient Access' for subsequent requests.
- Hand delivery or post
Bring your repeat prescription slip to the surgery and pop it into the box at the reception counter, or post to Archwood Medical Practice, Woodley Health Centre, Hyde Road, Woodley, Stockport SK6 1ND
Due to the possibility of errors, we do not accept orders for repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
When Will My Prescription be Ready?
Please order your prescription well in advance and allow 2 clear working days to process your repeat prescriptions. Phoning the practice to check if your prescription is ready should not be necessary.
Monday before 1pm
Wednesday after 1pm
Tuesday before 1pm
Thursday after 1pm
Wednesday before 1pm
Friday after 1pm
Thursday before 1pm
Monday after 1pm
Friday before 1pm
Tuesday after 1pm
PLEASE NOTE: It may take longer to process your prescription if…
- Your medication review date has passed as you may need to see a doctor first
- An item or a note is added to the request
- The request is from a hospital
- The request is particularly complex
NHS Electronic Prescription Service
Prescriptions in England are going paperless!! For repeat prescriptions, instead of giving you a paper prescription we can now send it direct to the pharmacy of your choice as part of the NHS Electronic Prescription Service.
What's in it for you?
- Saves time - you don't have to visit the surgery just to pick up your paper prescription. And you may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as your repeat prescription can be made ready before you arrive.
- More convenient - you can choose to have your prescriptions sent to any pharmacy offering the service. This could be near to where you live, work or shop.
- Safer - it's all done electronically, so there's no paper prescription to lose.
Did you know all local chemists will collect and deliver prescriptions? You do not have to be housebound for this service. Contact your local chemist for more information.
All repeat prescriptions are regularly reviewed so after a period of time the doctor may ask to see you for a medication review.